The most common health issues that men face and that we routinely help with include: an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke and diseases related to fatty buildups in artery walls (collectively referred to as Metabolic Syndrome) and changes in testosterone.
Metabolic syndrome occurs when you have three or more of the following measurements:
- Waist Circumference > 40 Inches
- Triglycerides > 150 mg/dL
- HDL Cholesterol > 40 mg/dL
- Blood Pressure > 130/85 mm Hg
- Fasting Glucose > 100 mg/dL
Testosterone plays a critical role in maintaining both physical and mental health. From its peak in the late teens and early 20’s, the production of testosterone begins to taper at approximately age 30. This physiologic decrease is commonly known as andropause and can cause changes in sexual function, mood, energy level and body composition, but may also have significant impact on cardiovascular risk as men with low and low range testosterone levels are at a greater risk for metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
ln addition to age-related decline, poor diet, lack of exercise, stress and other lifestyle factors can have a significant effect on testosterone levels. Some of the symptoms associated with decreased testosterone production in the male body are:
- Decreased erectile function
- insulin resistance / metabolic syndrome
- Loss of muscle strength
- Loss of muscle mass
- Weight gain
- Trouble urinating
- Prostate problems
- Bone loss
Next, take this short test:
- Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
- Do you have a lack of energy?
- Do you have a decrease in strength and/ or endurance?
- Have you lost height?
- Have you noticed a decreased “enjoyment of life”?
- Are you sad and/or grumpy?
- Are your erections less strong?
- Have you noted a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
- Are you falling asleep after dinner?
- Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
If you suffer from Metabolic Syndrome or answered yes to five or more of the above questions, it is time to take control of your health and slow the effects of aging and prevent more serious health consequences.
Start today! Book a consultation or better still complete the intake questionnaire below. We will help you feel like you again.